Attn: all mushroom lovers, this ones for you. These party snacks are gluten free, perfectly bite sized and full of flavor. Make them a few hours ahead of time, then put them in the oven just before nom o'clock.
tempeh or seitan
1/2 cup walnuts
Juice and zest of one lemon
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup of fresh parsley
1/4 cup of gluten free bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Toast walnuts in a cast iron skillet over medium for two-three minutes stirring frequently. Remove from heat, chop coarsely and set aside for the stuffing.
3. Remove stems from mushrooms and bake on a greased baking pan for 10 minutes.
4. While they are baking prepare the stuff. Chop mushroom stems, garlic, and onions finely and seitan/tempeh into crumbles. Heat ingredients in a skillet over medium with olive oil, dried herbs, lemon, lemon zest, fresh parsley and salt and pepper and cook until onions are tender and/or the tempeh has sucked up the flavor.
5. In a bowl, combine cooked ingredients with bread crumbs and toasted walnuts. Mix until your mixture is holds together well.
6. Pack the filing into your mushroom caps then bake again for 20 minutes