This week from Ten-Speed Greens we had presh, fresh carrots in our CSA pick-up. Their compact size was just so perfect as is, that we thought it best to cook these babies left uncut. No real other motivation to bake the carrots with cornbread, aside from making good use of grandma's hand-me-down cornbread cast iron molds. It was just like a funny puzzle that fit well together and tasted even better.
Baked the carrot cornbread cakes, then drizzled with honey while still warm. Tasted exactly what you'd imagine - de li cious.
2 cups organic corn meal
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 tbsp of coconut oil
4 or more small carrots, without stems
Cinnamon, nutmeg, and and salt to taste
1. Mix cornbread ingredients. Depending on your diet preference, or tradish recipes, your cornbread ingredients will probably vary from ours.
2. Slice carrots in cross-wise, after removing the stems.
3. Oil the cast-iron skillets.
4. Turn oven on to 350 degrees, and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Take warm skillets out, and dress cornbread with honey immediately. Sprinkle extra salt to taste.